THERE’S STILL TIME TO GRAB YOUR CALENDAR & PARTICIPATE!!
Join your West Lawn family as we support two great causes during the month of November!
1. Inspired by the American Cancer Society, through this campaign we will support our local West Lawn Relay for Life (American Cancer Society) Team with one half of the proceeds.
2. As some of you are aware, as of July 1, 2017 West Lawn UMC is on the SOUTH DISTRICT of the Eastern PA Conference of The UMC. As such, we have been invited to share in the South District’s 2017 mission project, “Mpasa Light 4 Life.” We will be working together with the other 104 churches on the South District to raise funds for a Solar-Powered Blood Bank and provide Solar Power for the hospital and water supply in Mpasa, Congo. This project represents the best of who we are as a connectional church. As the early Methodists built hospitals, we return to our roots to provide life-saving care for God’s children in the Congo. One half of the funds raised through No Shave November will go to “Mpasa Light 4 Life.”
Here’s How to Participate:
1. Beginning November 1, put away your razors and cream and give up shaving for one entire month! This challenge is both for men AND women!
2. Ask people now to support your “No Shave” campaign each day of the month. Gather pledges on the reverse side of this flier. Each day is worth the equivalent in dollars. For example, a pledge for November 15th, is a pledge for $15. A completed calendar by just one (hairy) person will raise $465 for our causes!
3. Return your calendar and pledges to West Lawn by December 3. 2017.